Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 is my food revolution


Took me about a month or so to research from reading books from local library and also online.

I really want to do this ... to start planting food for the family. It seemed to be the right time to start with my children being young and with their curiosity about everything. I think it will make my son eat more vegetables ... hopefully =)

After reading this book: Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston A. Price, DDS written in the 1930s, it just make me realized or probably pushed the realization into action. Real food is what is needed to heal the body.

I am cutting out the junk ... well maybe not all but moderation ... first the sugar had to go. No more soda pops. I also am very careful in choosing the cereals that my children eat. I look at how much sugar and what kind of additives. It takes me awhile to shop at the market nowadays cause I read every single labels. And sometimes I will just not go into the packaged sections and skip to produce and get all fresh veggies and fruits.

I think what led to my mom's diabetes is junk food. She is on all kinds of drugs that the doctors prescribes. When is enough really enough with the drugs? I do not want to be a druggie at age 50. This year is really a food revolution for me.

Watch Sicko by Michael Moore and Food Inc by Robert Kenner ... don't let the FDA do the work for you. Preventative is the key to a healthy life and real food is the key to the fountain of youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment